Owen spoke to us today on how to be interesting. It was interesting.
- Sometimes you have to ignore the audience. (Close your eyes so you don't find out that they aren't having the time of their lives.
- Make sure you have your materials prepared (said the career classroom teacher... Owen teaches Math) In today's case it was the 7 UU principles.
- Look at each person in the audience.
- Have good optical/visual aids. (use colors of the rainbow and keep it simple... but not so simple that your are showing a blank piece of paper... find a balance.)
- Quote some kind of scripture or sacred text from some spiritual tradition.
- Prove a theorem. (Did I mention that Owen is a Math teacher? Actually, put in the terms of an English major... he says state your thesis and provide evidence to convince people you are correct.)
- Add historical references.
- Use projective Geometry. (Can't think of how the English majors would handle this one.)